Olivet Nazarene University is already preparing for the fall 2021 semester! Although we do not have any plans to mandate a vaccine for students or employees, the fact that many of our students, faculty and staff have already received one will have a positive impact on our campus and surrounding community this fall. We encourage those who have not yet received a vaccine to consider doing so this summer. In addition to the individual benefit of not needing to quarantine upon COVID-exposure, the higher our collective vaccination percentage is, the greater the likelihood is that we will have a more normal-looking fall.
Keeping in mind that things can always change, this is some of what we are anticipating for fall 2021:
- Mask-wearing will be a personal choice, rather than a campus-wide mandate.
- The classroom experience to return to normal without the requirement of distancing and masks.
- Ludwig Center will return to full normal operation, allowing us to take full advantage of the remodeling that was done this past summer.
- A full chapel schedule which will allow us to join together to worship and grow.
- Athletic teams to have full seasons as they compete for championships.
- Performing arts departments to once again be busy with concerts, shows, and productions.
- Residential life and community life teams will offer a full schedule of enriching activities and events.