Grow your leadership skills, earn college credit and have a blast doing it!
The Summer Leadership Institute is an amazing opportunity for juniors in high school (entering their senior year) to further develop their leadership potential. The Institute is specifically designed to equip young leaders to be visionaries, live lives of integrity and gain experience in team development, motivation and persuasion.
Acceptance into the Institute is competitive and enrolls students into LEAD-235: Teambuilding & Leadership, a course developed for Olivet’s leadership minor. Curriculum is strategically tailored to challenge students during an intensive two-day campus experience, followed by a two-week online component. Successful completion of the program earns students three credit hours of coursework to be used toward the leadership minor or elective credit.
To apply, submit a completed Institute application and pertaining documents by June 15, 2018. The first 50 accepted students will be awarded a full-tuition scholarship from Olivet to be used toward the Institute ($1,305 value). The remaining cost includes a $179 room and board fee to cover housing, meals, etc.
The Summer Leadership Institute on-campus component begins Thursday, July 12, and ends Saturday morning, July 14.
For consideration into Olivet’s Summer Leadership Institute, you should:
- Complete an application.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation to the Summer Leadership Institute.
- A teacher, coach or pastor should evaluate your personal character and leadership ability.
- If you know the person’s email address, recommendations can be requested online by logging into your Application Account. Next to your Summer Leadership Application select “View” under Supplemental Items and at the bottom under Recommendation Requests, choose “Start.”
- Write a 400-word essay, typed and double spaced.
- Describe a situation in which you exemplified the qualities of a leader.
- Essays can be submitted online by logging into your Application Account. Next to your Summer Leadership Application select “View” under Supplemental Items and you can then attach your 400-word essay.
- Complete a liability waiver for the event and one for access to campus recreational facilities.
- Waivers can be submitted online by logging into your application account. Next to your SLI application select ‘View’ under ‘Supplemental Items’ and you can then attach your two liability waivers.
- PDF applications can also be downloaded here
All pertaining documents can be submitted online or may be mailed to:
Olivet Nazarene University
Attn: Director of Admissions
One University Avenue #6005
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
For more information, call the Office of Admissions at 800-648-1463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.