Grow your leadership skills, earn college credit and have a blast doing it!
The Summer Leadership Institute is an opportunity for high school juniors to attain advanced leadership skills and college credit in the summer before their senior year.
Acceptance into the Institute enrolls students in LEAD-235: Teambuilding & Leadership, a course in Olivet's leadership minor. Completion of this intensive on-campus learning experience, followed by an online component, earns students three credit hours of coursework to be used toward the leadership minor or elective credit.
The Institute is designed to equip young leaders to be visionaries, live lives of integrity and gain experience in team development, motivation and persuasion.
To register, submit a completed Institute application and required documents by June 21, 2019. The total cost for the Institute is $179 (a $1,484 value), which covers the cost of housing and meals.
The Summer Leadership Institute on-campus component begins Thursday, July 11, and ends Saturday morning, July 13.
For consideration into Olivet's Summer Leadership Institute, you should:
- Complete an application.
- Write a 400-word essay, typed and double spaced.
- Describe a situation in which you exemplified the qualities of a leader.
- Essays can be submitted online by logging into your Application Account. Next to your Summer Leadership Application select "View" under Supplemental Items and you can then attach your 400-word essay.
- Complete a liability waiver for the event and one for access to campus recreational facilities.
- Waivers can be submitted online by logging into your application account. Next to your SLI application select "View" under "Supplemental Items" and you can then attach your two liability waivers.
All pertaining documents can be submitted online or may be mailed to:
Olivet Nazarene University
Attn: Director of Admissions
One University Avenue #6005
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
For more information, call the Office of Admissions at 800-648-1463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.