Not all students will be selected for the verification process. For those who are, Olivet’s Office of Financial Aid is here to help.
Verification is a process used to confirm the information you provided on your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). The U.S. Department of Education selects students for the verification process randomly or because FAFSA data was incomplete, estimated or inconsistent. Our office may select others if we find conflicting information.
If you are selected for verification, Olivet is required to collect documentation from you to verify the information reported on your FAFSA. This may include verification forms, tax return transcripts, W2 forms or additional information. The verification process ensures that eligible students receive all of the aid for which they qualify.
Regardless of why you were chosen, our office will work with you to collect the proper documentation. Your federal and/or state financial aid cannot be applied to your student account until verification is complete. Please be aware that your financial aid could change as a result of verification.
2018-2019 Verification Forms
2018-19 Verification Forms can be linked to through your Financial Aid Self-Service portal. If you are unable to locate the links, please contact the financial aid office at 815-939-5249.
2019-2020 Verification Forms
- Data Retrieval Tool and Tax Return Transcript Info 2019-20
- 2017 IRS Verification of Non-Filing Information (2019-20)
- Unusual Tax Filing Circumstances for 2017 Info (2019-20)
- Asset Verification (2019-20)
- Grant/Scholarship Aid Reported in AGI (2019-20)
- Household Resources - Independent Student (2019-20)
- Household Resources - Dependent Student (2019-20)
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose (2019-20)
- Parent Nontax Filers for 2017 Tax Year (2019-20)
- Student Nontax Filers for 2017 Tax Year (2019-20)
- IRA Pension Rollover (2019-20)
- Legal Dependent Form (2019-20)
- Low-Income Statement - Dependent Student (2019-20)
- Low-Income Statement - Independent Student (2019-20)
- Proof of Citizenship (2019-20)
- Standard Verification - Dependent Student (2019-20)
- Standard Verification - Independent Student (2019-20)
- Tax-Related Identity Theft Statement for 2017 Tax Year (2019-20)
- Proof of Homeless Status (2019-20)
All documents and forms may be mailed or faxed to the Office of Financial Aid.
Olivet Nazarene University
Office of Financial Aid
One University Ave.
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
For questions about the verification process, you may contact the Office of Financial Aid at 815-939-5249.