The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in social science education is a program designed for students who want to pass their love of history, culture and politics onto the next generation.
At Olivet, students become experts in their subject area, which includes sociology, government, geography, ethnic relations, Western civilization, public policy and more. They learn how to plan lessons and manage a classroom. Students complete between 100 to 130 hours of field experiences. Once completed, they spend 60 supervised days teaching in a real classroom.
Social science education is ideal for those who enjoy:
- Empowering students to be active citizens.
- Helping others analyze and organize facts so they can form opinions and take action.
- Being an active citizen involved in their community.
- Explaining human behaviors and societal situations.
- The energy and eagerness of teens.
< Department of History and Political Science
< Meet the Faculty