Spring 2020 chapel theme focuses on habits, practices and spiritual disciplines.
Spiritual development for students, faculty and staff is an important part of the Olivet experience. Chaplain Mark Holcomb ’81/D.D. ’18, takes leadership for providing many of the elements to make that possible. Each year, he invites top speakers and preachers to present messages during chapel services.
This spring, Chaplain Holcomb has outlined the semester services to follow the theme “Walk This Way,” to address and define the habits, practices and disciplines that enable followers of Christ to keep in step with God.
Speakers scheduled for the spring 2020 chapels at Olivet are:
• Dr. John C. Bowling | University President
• Rev. Mark Holcomb | University Chaplain
• Melissa Ohden | Founder, The Abortion Survivors Network
• Mike Yankoski |Author
• Casey Tygrett |Pastor & Author
• Darrel Harvey | Professional speaker
• Deirdre Brower-Latz |Principal, Nazarene Theological College
• Charlie Dates | Pastor
• LaMorris Crawford | Chaplain, Cincinnati Bengals
• Curtis Zackery | Author & Motivational Speaker
• Michaele LaVigne| Pastor
• Ruth Haley Barton | Author & Founder, Transforming Center
When the Betty and Kenneth Hawkins Centennial Chapel and the Crawford Auditorium were constructed and dedicated in 2010, the primary focus was on bringing the Olivet community together in one place for worship and spiritual growth. Twice each week, from August through May, chapel gatherings add significant meaning to campus life. In that setting, many have accepted Christ and committed or recommitted to serve Him.
For more information about life at Olivet, contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com or 800-648-1463.