June 11 - June 16, 2023
Enjoy a week-long immersion in your music through private/semi- private lessons, ensemble performance, solo opportunities, theory and history applicable to your interests.
- Make new friends who share your love for music.
- Laugh and have fun during camp activities and classes.
- Be inspired through performances by faculty and others.
- Express yourself through your own performance opportunities.
- Challenge yourself to a new level of musicianship through work with caring experts committed to giving you their best instruction.
- Experience a taste of life on the beautiful campus of Olivet Nazarene University.
- Explore how your faith and music intersect. Grow as a musician and a human.
What to Expect
All students will participate in core curriculum on their primary instrument which includes private or semi-private lessons, theory/aural skills, music history and ensemble participation. Options include: piano, organ, voice, flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, tuba, violin, viola, cello, string bass, guitar, electric bass and percussion.
Students will also choose a track of complementary classes that will fill out their day. Options include: piano performance, musical theatre, music in worship, jazz and popular music, chamber music, percussion ensemble, composition and elementary music (all students ages 5-9).
Students will be grouped into teams to earn points toward winning the Olly award through participation in classes and academic activities as well as recreational group activities.