A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree or minor in Philosophy is an excellent supplement to any course of study. Every person is a philosopher of sorts and studying philosophy is a great way to bring out the philosopher in you.
Philosophy explores the questions that have intrigued human beings throughout history: What is the nature of reality? What is truth? How can we know something and be certain of it? What is the nature of God? Do I have obligations to others? What are the foundations of civil society. Philosophy students learn critical and creative thinking skills that serve them well throughout their lives.
Philosophy is ideal for students who:
- Enjoy contemplating deep questions.
- Articulate their thoughts well.
- Are stimulated by discussion and debate.
- Want to broaden and deepen their understanding of the world.
- Appreciate critical thinking.