The new Douglas E. Perry Student Life and Recreation Center is designed to strengthen the sense of community among students, as well as augment the thriving intramural and intercollegiate athletic programs.
Measuring approximately 168,000 square feet — roughly two-and-a-half times the size of Ludwig Student Center — the new Douglas E. Perry Student Life and Recreation Center opened on 12/12/12.
Features of the Perry Center include:
- Eight-lane, 200-meter running track with Mondo surface
- Two pools, including a 10-lane competition pool with a constant depth of 2 meters
- Four-story rock climbing wall that is one of the largest among U.S. universities
- 72,000-square-foot field house with running track and four basketball courts
- Workout facilities
- Large game area
- Spacious central lounge where students can gather for recreation or study
- Several classrooms
Tiger Sports Competition
The Perry Center also offers new enhancements and opportunities for Tiger Athletics.
Track and Field
Olivet is among the few colleges in the state of Illinois with an eight-lane, 200-meter indoor track. Its Mondo surface is the same as that used in the 2012 Olympics.
With a 10-lane competition pool, varsity men’s and women’s swimming has been added to the list of Olivet’s intercollegiate programs. ONU swim teams began competing in fall 2012.