Kenya. Mexico. Egypt. Haiti. Thailand. Ecuador. Students at Olivet are going to the far corners of the earth, spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Every year, hundreds of Olivet students travel around the world to serve the Lord over their spring or summer breaks through Missions in Action (M.I.A.). Led by faculty and staff sponsors, these trips are life-changing experiences for our students, as well as the people they reach.
Whether you are interested in working with orphaned children in Romania, delivering meals to the homeless of San Francisco, or running a sports camp in Europe, there are numerous ways to get involved through M.I.A.
To learn more about Missions in Action, visit http://programs.olivet.edu/mia/
Our purpose is to inspire, empower and equip students to become global minded disciples for a lifetime of support and service in cross-cultural ministry locally and internationally.
- The very nature of our Redeeming God is to seek and redeem all people to Himself.
- God is establishing His Kingdom on earth now- reaching the lost, caring for the poor and fighting injustice
- God is already at work everywhere
- Therefore, we believe that as followers of Jesus Christ, ALL are called to join Him in this work using our gifts, education, skills, and resources locally and globally.
- MIA has served in the Gulf Coast, New York, Denver, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, El Paso, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Paraguay, Panama, Guatemala, Ecuador, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Haiti, France, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Kenya, Tanzania, DR of Congo, Egypt, Romania, India, Papua New Guinea, South Korea, China, Mexico, Thailand, Cambodia, Rwanda, Hawaii, California, Central Asia, Uganda, and Taiwan.
We encourage every student to participate in at least one mission experience during their college career in order to stretch their heart for a broken world and join the movement of God in the global Church.