As an academically talented student, you learn at a different pace. You hold unique interests. You see things differently and ask different questions. Find fulfillment and success in your academic pursuits through Olivet's Honors Program.
The mission of Olivet's Honors Program is to encourage and nurture academically gifted students, helping them to believe in their possibilities, preparing them to become the Christian scholars and servant leaders they were meant to be.
During your first two years as an honor student, you will take four interdisciplinary, team-taught classes covering an intriguing topic. In your last two years, you will undertake a substantial, faculty-mentored research project.
Program highlights include:
- One-on-one mentored research with a professor of your choice, funding provided; or study abroad opportunities during junior year
- Presentation of research at an Honors Research Symposium
- Numerous community service and cultural event opportunities
For consideration into Olivet’s Honors Program, you should:
- The deadline for this coming year is Jan. 30, 2018. Applicants should complete their application by this date in order for full consideration into the program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns.
- Verify a composite ACT score of 28 OR rank in the top 10% of class (100 minimum students) OR have an unweighted GPA of at least 3.75/4.0.
- Submit the completed application form and the required essay
- Participate in an on-campus interview with two faculty members (Phone interviews are acceptable under special circumstances)
- Students can submit their essay to the Honors Program via two methods:
- Electronically submit a completed essay as a PDF or Word document with the file named as the applicants last name, followed by "Honors Essay." Attach it to the students online application by logging into your Olivet application account. Next to your Olivet Honors Application select "View Supplemental Items" and you can attach your essay under the attachment option.
- Email as attachment to email@example.com, Subject line: Honors Program Essay. Attached file should be either a PDF or Word document, named with applicants last name followed by "Honors Essay."
To learn more about the Honors Program, contact Dr. Stephen Lowe, program director, via email or call 815-928-5457.