Many faithful investors in our mission desire to leave a lasting legacy — laying the foundation to sustain the University’s mission well into the future. Olivet’s Heritage Society recognizes and honors those individuals who make bequests and other planned gifts.
Heritage Society members include dedicated trustees, alumni, faculty, staff and other special friends who demonstrate their commitment by investing now for long-term impact. We commend them for their vision and generosity.
How to help future students
Heritage Society membership is your opportunity to ensure the Olivet experience for future generations. As a key "investor" in our mission you can:
- Make bequest to Olivet in your will or living trust
- Create a deferred gift such as a charitable gift annuity (CGA)
- Name Olivet as a beneficiary of an IRA or other qualified retirement plan
- Charitable remainder trust and other qualified trusts
- Gifts of Life Insurance
- Other qualified planned gifts
You can use gifts of cash, property, stocks or other securities to fund a planned gift and all of these gifts can be made in honor or memory of someone. Your gifts to the ONU Foundation are carefully invested to protect them as they grow.
Your benefits for becoming a member
- Personal income and estate tax benefits
- A special Heritage Society membership certificate
- An invitation to select Olivet donor appreciation events
- A newsletter, Our Heritage, to keep you informed about the impact of leaving a legacy
- Acknowledgment on our membership roll (see below) unless anonymity is requested