Don’t just take our word for it
Founded in 1907, Olivet Nazarene University is an accredited Christian, liberal arts university offering more than 100 areas of undergraduate and graduate study, resulting in bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate degrees.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1413
Telephone 800-621-7440 or 312-263-0456
The HLC, one of six independent U.S. regional accreditors, evaluates degree-granting, post-secondary educational institutions in 19 states that comprise the North Central region.
- The American Dietetics Association
- The Council on Social Work Education
- The National Association of Schools of Music
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- The Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, Inc.
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education programs
- U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks Olivet as one of America’s “Best Colleges.”
- Olivet is also recognized as a "College of Distinction."
Olivet has more than 35,000 alumni living in all 50 U.S. States and 60 world areas. Some of their success stories include:
- Mark Phillips, chief, Office of Policy & Strategy for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Bradley Garvin, soloist, Metropolitan Opera, New York City
- Dave Horton, director of field operations, Internal Revenue Service
- Bill Slattery, M.D., a U.S. Top 50 otolaryngology specialist
- Teresa K. Woodruff, Ph.D., director of the Institute for Women’s Health Research and chief of the Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Fertility Preservation, Northwestern University
- Cecil Crawford, founder, Ticketmaster
- Rebecca Ibrahim, mechanical engineer, testing submarine systems, U.S. Navy
- Britni McDonald, broadcast news reporter, CBS 58, Milwaukee
- Katie Kalemkarian, associate planner, TJ Maxx-Marshalls
- Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott, relationship experts, best-selling authors and popular speakers
- Eric Ferren, chief accountant, HSBC, North America
Alumni have earned graduate degrees from schools like the Naval Aerospace Institute, Harvard, Boston University, Wharton Business School, and highly rated law schools — Stanford, Notre Dame, Ohio State.
Pre-med students have been accepted at: Michigan State University, University of Illinois, Indiana University, University of Chicago, University of Michigan, University of Tennessee, Ohio State University, Wayne State University, and Loyola University.