Professional Licensure Disclosures

The University provides information on certain professional programs that lead to licensure or certification in compliance with federal regulations, specifically 34 CFR § 668.43 (a)(5)(v), § 668.43 (c), and § 600.9 (c)(2)(i)-(iii). These professional licensure programs are defined as those that are defined as those that are designed to meet educational requirements for a specific professional licensure or certification that is required for employment in an occupation.

State of Residence Policy

The requirements for professional licensure can vary from state to state, so it is important for the University to be informed when a student enrolled in a professional program changes their residence. Students are responsible to notify the University when their permanent address changes.

Professional Licensure Programs

Program faculty determine the status of educational requirements for licensure in each State as Met, Not Met, or Undetermined and review them on a regular basis. Students who plan to pursue licensure for any program should be aware that State requirements are subject to change. Students should always check with their State licensure board to confirm licensure requirements. They should also investigate any additional licensure requirements such as professional examinations, background checks, work experience, and so on that are not met within the program.

The following programs meet the federal definition of a professional licensure program:

  • Accounting
    • B.S. in Accounting: CPA track
  • Dietetics
    • B.S. in Dietetics
  • Nursing
  • Social Work
    • B.S.W. in Social Work
  • Teacher Education Programs
    • B.S. in Early Childhood Education
    • B.S. in Elementary Education
    • B.S. in Art Education
    • B.S. in English Education
    • B.S. in Music Education
    • B.S. in Physical Education
    • B.S. in Science Education
    • B.S. in Social Science Education
    • B.S. in Spanish Education
    • B.S. in Special Education
  • Graduate Education Programs
    • Bilingual Education (MAE and Certificate)
    • Teacher Leadership (MAE and Certificate)
    • Learning Behavior Specialist 1 (Certificate)
    • Drivers’ Education (Certificate)
    • Reading Specialist (MAE and Certificate)
    • English as a Second Language (MAE and Certificate)
    • Educational Leadership (MAE)
    • English Language Learner (MAE and Certificate)
    • Ethical Building Leadership (MAE and Certificate)