At Olivet, students have a heart for ministry. You can find our students leading worship for their peers, helping re-stock supplies at the local pregnancy center, or building the next Habitat for Humanity house.
Spiritual Life Ministries
These volunteer groups are initiated and led by the Spiritual Life Ministries Council.
2020–2021 Outreach Teams
Teams that minister to the surrounding community
• Best Buddies: Partnering with the local chapter of Best Buddies International, this ministry exists to build personal relationships with individuals who are physically or mentally challenged through regular visits and special events.
• Compassionate Ministries: Reaches out to the physical needs of people in the community through a variety of projects, including hunger relief and clothing drives.
• Habitat for Humanity: Olivet students have the opportunity to give of their time completing various construction tasks as they partner with the local chapter of Habitat in building a home for a family in the Kankakee Community.
• Life Support: Raises awareness and support for the local pro-life pregnancy centers in the area. Partners with the local Pregnancy Resource Center to encourage, support and serve both women and families in Kankakee County.
• Mission Possible: A weekly relational ministry to men in the Kankakee County Jail.
• S.O.S. (Save Our Streets): Seeks to serve the homeless in our surrounding community and build relationships with those in need, instilling both value and dignity.
• Urban Children’s Ministry: Connects college students with children and teens from the community in a big brother/big sister style mentorship program.
2020–2021 Inreach Teams
Teams that minister to the campus community
• Heart for Missions: Provides a space for students to discover and express ways they are passionate about missions.
• HeArt Ministry: Welcomes artists of every kind and skill level to do life, create art and share the love of Jesus.
• Prayer Warriors: Is dedicated to empower and encourage community through prayer and desire to grow deeper in a relationship with God.
• Upper Room: Is a student-led gathering filled with worship through music, devotionals and community. These gatherings take place every Monday night at 9 p.m. in the Warming House.