Off-Campus Study FAQs

What Off-Campus study programs are available?

The list of Olivet-Sponsored Programs consists of all programs offered by the Au Sable Institute, Chicago Semester, Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU GlobalEd), Nazarene International Language Institute (NILI), Semester in Spain, The Kings College (NYC), Tokyo Christian University, Uganda Studies Program and Veritas Christian Study Program.

CCCU GlobalEd Programs:

  • American Studies Program (Washington D.C.) - in partnership with Greenville University
  • Contemporary Music Center (Nashville) - in partnership with Olivet Nazarene University
  • Middle East Studies Program
  • Oxford Scholars Semester
  • Oxford Summer Programme

Veritas Christian Off-Campus Programs

  • Czech Republic
  • Chile
  • Costa Rica
  • England
  • France
  • Italy
  • New Zealand
  • Peru
  • Scotland
  • South Africa
  • South Korea
  • Spain

The list of Olivet-recognized programs presently consists of Africa Nazarene University, Budapest Semesters in Mathematics Education, International Studies Abroad (ISA), Jerusalem University College and Korea Nazarene University.

How much does it cost?

For all Olivet-sponsored or recognized programs Olivet’s Office of Student Accounts will pay for the cost of the student’s program once invoiced (students are responsible to pay for the program deposit). We will then reverse the Olivet general fee and full-time tuition charges for that semester, and charge the student’s account for the specified cost of the selected program. We will charge the student a $250 “Undergraduate Off-Campus Study Fee.” For Sponsored programs a student may use up to $2,500 of ONU institutional aid toward the tuition.

When can I go?

To participate in any off-campus study program, it is recommended that a student be in sophomore status with good academic standing at Olivet. The student initiates the process with completion of the Off-Campus Study Clearance form and approval of the Off-Campus Study Coordinator. Student must then have the approval of the Office of Student Financial Services, Dean of Students and his/her academic advisor. A student may take up to 18 semester hours through cross-registration at the undergraduate level and six hours at the graduate level. All other program-specific requirements must be met prior to application.

How do I apply?

  1. Access the Olivet Off-Campus Study Clearance form.
  2. Speak to your Olivet faculty advisor.
  3. Begin filling out your application with the program sponsor.
  4. Seek out references. Deliver the appropriate program reference request forms to those you are asking to provide a reference.
  5. Meet with Olivet's Student Financial Services.
  6. Meet with Olivet’s Office of Student Development.
  7. Deliver Clearance Form to the Off-Campus Study Coordinator once all signatures have been attained.

How does Off-Campus study help me in my major?

All coursework completed in sponsored programs, and most coursework in recognized programs, is accepted for equivalent or elective credit at Olivet. All students are required to set a meeting with the registrar’s office to evaluate how the coursework will meet the academic needs of the student, prior to departure for your off-campus program.



Off-Campus Study Information

Get all of the details of our Off-Campus Study offerings.

Off-Campus Study Information