- What are the admission requirements for the RN-MSN program?
Admission requirements include: completed application, copy of current RN license, official transcripts from all previously attended accredited institutions, ADN or AAS in Nursing, minimum 2.75 GPA for BSN admission and 3.0 GPA for MSN progression and evidence of having worked as an RN for at least 2,000 hours prior to starting the MSN portion. We are here to help. If you have any questions our admissions team is ready and available to answer your questions at 877.465.4838.
- Who is the typical candidate for the Olivet Online RN-MSN Program?
The RN-MSN program is designed for Associate degree or diploma prepared nurses interested in obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science in Nursing degree in a continuous program.
- I don’t have an RN license. Can I do this program?
This program is for currently registered nurses who desire to further their nursing education beyond an associate's degree in nursing.
- I currently have an RN license. Is the MSN the right program for me?
Olivet’s Online Master of Science in Nursing (RN-MSN) program is designed for Associate degree or diploma prepared nurses striving for a Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Science in Nursing degree in a continuous program. Students in this program will broaden their professional field as they learn how within a variety of healthcare settings.
- Is the Olivet RN-MSN Nursing program accredited? By what organization?
Founded in 1907, Olivet Nazarene University is an accredited Christian, liberal arts university offering more than 100 areas of undergraduate and graduate study, resulting in masters and doctorate degrees.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
The RN-MSN program at Olivet Nazarene University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
- Is the Olivet RN-MSN program a full-time program? How long does the program take to complete?
Yes, it is a full-time program, however, part-time schedules are available. Students may need time off to complete MSN practicum hours or FNP clinical hours. The 12-36 months is the length for full-time students, see "Program Length" section for specific track information.
- How many practicum hours are required for Olivet’s Online Master of Science in Nursing program?
Bachelor of Science in Nursing : 45 practicum hours
Master of Science in Nursing:
- Family Nurse Practitioner: 720 practicum hours
- Education: 150 practicum hours
- Transformational Leadership: 120 practicum hours
Please note that the practicum experiences include working with approved, self-selected preceptors in the focus area.
- I live outside of Illinois. Can I do the Olivet Online RN-MSN Program?
YES! While much of the learning takes place online, RN-MSN students complete practicum hours with an approved preceptor in the area in which they reside. Students must hold an active, unencumbered nursing license in the state they plan to complete their practicum.
- What are the Master of Science in Nursing admission requirements?
Admission requirements include: completed application, copy of current RN license, completed practicum agreement letter, BSN degree and official transcripts from all previously attended accredited institutions, BSN GPA of 3.0 or above, and evidence of having worked as an RN for at least 2,000 hours.
- Where can I work as a registered nurse who has earned an MSN?
RNs with an MSN are qualified to work in several different types of healthcare settings including:
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- General or surgical hospitals
- Home healthcare
- Independent practice
- What kinds of jobs are available for nurses with a Master of Science in Nursing?
When training to become an APRN, you’ll need to choose 1 of 4 recognized specialties under which to practice:
- Nurse practitioner (NP)
- Nurse midwife (CNM)
- Clinical nurse specialist (CNS)
- Nurse anesthetist (CRNA)
Other roles nurses with an MSN qualify for are:
- Nurse informaticists
- Nurse educators
- Nurse case managers
- Nurse administrators
- How and when do I get started?
Start today by completing an application for Olivet’s Online Master of Science in Nursing Program! An admissions counselor will be in touch with you to help you all along the way! Once the application is complete and you request transcripts from schools previously attended, we will review your transcript, and connect you with a member of our student accounts team. Most students complete the admissions process in a couple of weeks. Courses start several times a year. You will be in class before you know it!
- How much more can I earn with a Master’s Degree in Nursing?
MSN Annual Salaries
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that nurse practitioners on avg in the US earn an annual wage of $107,480, or $51.68 hourly. The Top 10% of nurse practitioners can earn a salary of more than $145,000 in a year.
Nurse Practitioner salary on average base
|General or Surgical Hospital
|Outpatient Care Center
|College, University, and Professional School