Admission to Master of Arts, Pastoral Leadership — SGCS
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements, the applicant must:
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a grade point average of 3.0 or better (4.0 scale).
- Submit an official transcript of the student's undergraduate college work and of any graduate work being used to support the application for admission.
- Have successfully completed an undergraduate degree in ministry preparation. The program assumes basic competency in Bible, theology, and ministry practices. Students who do not have an undergraduate ministry degree may submit transcripts for evaluation to determine whether they may be considered a candidate for this program.
- Demonstrate the ability to succeed as a graduate student in Olivet's Master of Arts in Pastoral Leadership program, as evidenced by three recommendations. One should be from a person able to comment knowledgeably on the applicant's academic ability and one from a pastor or other person who can speak to the applicant's Christian and moral life. The third may be a reference from a ministry supervisor. For the student already in ministry, the pastor and the ministry supervisor will be the same person, which is acceptable as long as the three recommendations cover three areas: academic, personal spiritual and ethical, and institutional/ministerial.
- Demonstrate the ability and discipline necessary to pursue graduate level studies while engaging in and reflecting upon the actual practice of Christian ministry.