Admission to Master of Arts in Teaching, Elementary, K-12, and Secondary — SGCS
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements, the applicant must:
- Submit a copy of Basic Skills Test, indicating passing scores.
- Submit an official copy of an undergraduate degree transcript from a regionally accredited college or university clearly indicating a minimum 2.5 GPA. Secondary and K-12 majors must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 with a GPA of 2.75 in their content teaching field and must have completed at least 32 semester hours in their teaching field.
- Submit a one-page typed autobiography.
- Submit Teacher Education Application.
- Submit Character Reference.
This program requires a Criminal and Fingerprint Background check; please refer to that topic under the General Policies section of this chapter.