Admission to Master of Business Administration — SGCS
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements, the applicant must:
- Provide proof of Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or better (4.0 scale).
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a professor, pastor, supervisor or coach evaluating the applicant's performance and explaining his/her merits.
- Have successfully completed (defined as a grade of C- or above) the following four undergraduate courses: accounting; microeconomics; finance; and statistics. NOTE: Applicants may be admitted on probation without undergraduate credit in the areas of statistics, accounting, finance, and economics. However, those applicants must either:
- petition to prove proficiency through a proficiency test. A grade of 70 percent or above on this exam satisfies the prerequisite requirement and waives the need to take a particular tutorial course. A proficiency exam may be taken only one time.
- to take undergraduate online tutorial courses in the areas of deficiency.
Although the MBA programs are structured with flexibility to serve learners with baccalaureate degrees in business as well as those having degrees in other disciplines, those without the relevant academic background in business core areas are required to attain the appropriate prerequisite knowledge before attempting advanced work.
Executive MBA Track: present a professional résumé demonstrating a minimum of five years of significant work experience demonstrating leadership, along with a letter of recommendation from a person familiar with the candidate's leadership experience and capability. In addition to the $50 application fee, the Executive MBA candidate is required to submit a $200 registration fee prior to enrolling in the first course.