General Admission Requirements — SGCS
To be admitted into an SGCS program at Olivet Nazarene University, an applicant must meet the following general prerequisites:
- Submit a completed Olivet Nazarene University application form, along with a $50 application fee. The application fee for programs in the School of Theology and Christian Ministry is $25.00. Other fees may be required by some programs. Application forms may be obtained from the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies office. For Education programs, application forms may be obtained from the office of the Director of Enrollment Management.
- Demonstrate moral character consistent with attendance at a Christian university.
- Possess ability and discipline to pursue rigorous college-level studies or graduate level studies.
- Schedule an academic advising appointment with a student services counselor, by calling the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies at 1-877-4OLIVET. Please be sure to tell them which program you would like to pursue.
- Submit an official transcript from all colleges and universities previously attended.
* Official Transcript: A transcript with the registrar's seal from the institution granting credit sent directly to the Director of Admissions and Student Services, Olivet Nazarene University, School of Graduate and Continuing Studies, One University Avenue, Bourbonnais, IL 60914-2345.
For all programs in the School of Theology and Christian Ministry, materials should be sent to: Graduate Program Specialist; ONU School of Theology and Christian Ministry; One University Avenue Box 6048; Bourbonnais, IL 60914.
Please refer to the programs listed below for additional admission requirements. Special and probationary admission requirements are detailed later in this section of the catalog.