Admission to Master of Business Administration — SGCS
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements, the applicant must:
- Provide proof of Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or better (4.0 scale).
- Present a professional résumé demonstrating a minimum of three years of significant work experience as a manager, supervisor, executive, or related professional position in business, public service, or nonprofit organizations. If the applicant does not meet the requirement of three years of significant work experience, the applicant may provide for additional consideration:
- An official transcript showing a recently earned degree in business or a related field with a grade point average of 2.5 or better (4.0 scale)and
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant's current supervisor explaining the applicant's job duties and evaluating the applicant's job performance. The Admissions committee will review such letters and make admission decisions in such cases.
- Have successfully completed (defined as a grade of C- or above) the following four undergraduate courses: accounting; microeconomics; finance; and statistics.
NOTE: Applicants may be admitted on probation without undergraduate credit in the areas of statistics, accounting, finance, and economics. However, those applicants will be required to take undergraduate online tutorial courses or demonstrate proficiency through testing.
- Although the MBA program is structured with flexibility to serve learners with baccalaureate degrees in business as well as those having degrees in other disciplines, those without the relevant academic background in business core areas are required to attain the appropriate prerequisite knowledge before attempting advanced work.