Class Representatives — SGCS
Each class selects one member to be the class representative. This person serves as the class contact and as spokesperson for the class to the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies administrative team. A list of duties of the class representative is provided for the representative.
- Serve as a liaison/spokesperson for the class in order to maintain constructive dialogue including complaints from the class with the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies.
- Collect end-of-course surveys, seal the envelope, and return the envelope to the instructor of each module.
- Introduce yourself to each new instructor and offer assistance if needed.
- Oversee the distribution of program course materials:
- Distribute materials for each class.
- Make sure each student signs the sign-off sheet for each class.
- Contact absent members and arrange for them to pick up materials and/or return unclaimed materials to Olivet.
- Develop and coordinate the use of the telephone chain for informing class members of important information (e.g., class cancellation due to inclement weather, faculty member illness, etc.).
- Ensure that the classroom and/or break room are left in satisfactory condition at the end of each class.
- Facilitate organizing social events as appropriate.
- Ensure (when applicable) that the key is available to the classroom/storage facility.
- Contact the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies when equipment does not work properly.
- Contact the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies regarding problems with room arrangement/size.
- Know Olivet's contact person at the class site. [Occasionally, messages may be left with that contact person for the class (e.g., instructor being late for class).]