Admission to Master of Arts, Biblical Studies — SGCS
In addition to the General Admissions Requirements, the applicant must:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a grade point average of 3.0 or better (4.0 scale).
- Satisfy these curricular prerequisites for admission.
- Old Testament Introduction (3 hours)
- New Testament Introduction (3 hours)
- An exegetical course (3 hours)
- A systematic theology course (3 hours)
- An introduction to either Biblical (or Classical) Greek or Biblical Hebrew (6 hours)
- A demonstrated ability to write well
Students whose undergraduate preparation does not meet these prerequisites may apply for conditional admission, if they satisfy the other requirements. Rules and deadlines for making up the deficiency will be decided on a case-by-case basis.
- Demonstrate the ability to succeed as a graduate student in Olivet’s Master of Arts in Biblical Studies program, as evidenced by three recommendations. Two of these should be from people able to address the applicant’s academic ability and potential. The third should be personal and may address the applicant’s moral and spiritual character.