Written Work, Minimum Standards — SGCS
The School of Graduate and Continuing Studies is committed to helping learners develop mature, effective writing skills. The following criteria must be met in written work before passing grades can be given for that work:
- Clear thesis statements.
- Thoughts supported by evidence, relevant details, and examples.
- Proper paragraph structure and effective transitions from paragraph to paragraph.
- Clarity of sentences.
- Care, creativity, and variety in the choice of words, phrases, and sentence structure.
- Substantially free of mechanical errors: spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure.
- Introduction and conclusion.
- Clear citations provide appropriate support and integration.
- Final projects, theses, and research projects should be submitted in two forms, namely:
a. Permanent digital media (e.g., CD, DVD, flash drive)
b. Bound paper copy, including signature page for approvals