Refund Policy — SGCS
- Application, registration, general, lab, graduation, and other special fees are not refundable. Tuition is refunded according to the following policy:
- Full tuition: Written notification of withdrawal prior to the first class session of a course.
- All but $50 refund: Written notification of withdrawal prior to the second class session of a course. Failure to provide official notification directly to the Office of Admissions and Students Services will result in administrative withdrawal. Students are then charged full tuition, plus fees.
- No refund, except for semester-long courses: Withdrawal after the second class session. For these traditional semester-long courses, the following refund policy applies:
first week — 90 percent
second week — 80 percent
third week — 60 percent
fourth week — 40 percent
fifth week — 20 percent
sixth week — none
- Material fees are not refundable once the student attends one class meeting.
- The Director of Student Accounts makes the determination of refunds when an official withdrawal form is received in the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies office.
- Students who begin class without full admission status and who are subsequently denied admission are eligible for a refund of the full tuition amount, less a $50 fee per class session attended. Exceptions:
- Any tuition paid for a course completed by the student is not refundable.
- Any tuition paid by students attending/completing a course without being registered is not refundable.