Graduation Requirements, Associate and Bachelor’s Degrees
Associate and Bachelor's degrees offered by the University are awarded upon completion of the appropriate curriculum and upon recommendation of the faculty. The following general requirements apply to all degrees:
- A minimum of 64 semester hours for associate degrees or 128 semester hours for bachelor's degrees;
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 ('C');
- A minimum of 40 hours of credit in upper-division courses (courses numbered 300 or above) for bachelor's degrees;
- Completion of the general education requirements for the respective degree; the student pursuing a Bachelor of Arts degree must complete foreign language;
- Completion of a major program of study as specified by the program's College, School, or Department;
- Completion of supporting courses as specified by the major department;
- Participation in the senior outcomes testing programs in general education and as may be specified by the major department.
- The student must file an application for the degree with the Registrar six months prior to the expected date of graduation.
- Students may participate in commencement as August graduates only if they are within 12 hours of graduation by the end of the spring semester, and have filed a plan of studies with the Registrar by April 1.