Contents Search the catalog
Campus and Facilities
The Olivet campus of 1940 in Bourbonnais included 40 acres of land and six principal buildings, four of which are still in use today: Burke Administration Building (built in 1906); Chapman Hall, a residence hall for men (1906); Miller Business Center (1926); and Birchard Gymnasium (1926).
Olivet’s current park-like campus includes over 200 acres of contiguous land with 32 principal buildings. Academic buildings now in service include: Reed Hall of Science (1966); Strickler Planetarium (1966); Wisner Hall for Nursing (1971); Benner Library and Learning Resource Center (1975), which combined with the Memorial Library (1956); Larsen Fine Arts Center (1982); and the Weber Center (2001).
Residence halls, in addition to Chapman, are Williams Hall (1951), Nesbitt Hall (1959), Hills Hall (1962), McClain Hall (1967), Howe Hall (1967) and Parrott Hall (1970) and University Place, an apartment complex converted to campus housing in 2001. In addition, the Grand Apartments and Olde Oak Apartments serve as housing adjacent to the campus.
Ludwig Center was completed in 1966 to house the student meal services, bookstore, post office, student offices, and student affairs offices.
Chalfant Auditorium for chapel, convocations, concerts, and varied activities was completed in 1963. Kelley Prayer Chapel (1980) was a joint venture of the school and Student Council.
Ward Football Field (and track) was finished in 1978. Snowbarger Athletic Park was opened in 1979. The Warming House and ice rink were finished in 1985. An athletic service center was added in 1987.
The Brodien Power Plant was rebuilt in 1969. The James Tripp Maintenance Facility was completed in 1988 near the WONU Radio Tower, which was erected in 1986.
The Leslie Parrott Convocation/Athletic Center was completed in 1990, connecting with Birchard Gymnasium and Chalfant Auditorium.
The Harlow E. Hopkins Alumni Center, dedicated in 1994, is adjacent to Burke Administration Building. The center, formerly known as Goodwin Hall, is an historic community home and is a focal point for alumni activities throughout the year.
A new Admissions Center was completed in 1999, and the Weber Center was completed in 2001.
The WONU Broadcast and Learning Center (Shine89.FM) and Fortin Villa property in Bourbonnais were added as campus facilities in 2004 and 2005. The Villa property now houses Olivet's ROTC program and is used by the intramurals program and the Marching Tigers band and color guard.
The Chicago Regional Center in Rolling Meadows, IL has been leased since 2005 to provide office and classroom facilities for the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies. Additionally the Heritage Plaza office complex in Bourbonnais was leased to house the main offices of the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies in 2006. A second satellite location was leased and opened in 2011 in Oak Brook, IL.
In 2010 the Betty and Kenneth Hawkins Centennial Chapel was completed and an additional student residence complex, Stadium Place, was acquired. The initial stages of a new campus plan were implemented as well, and in 2011, work began on the new Student Life and Recreation Center.