For those who want to provide help for Houston right away, here is a list of reputable organizations and donation information:
• Give to the American Red Cross by texting “HARVEY” to 90999
• Give to Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Disaster Relief at ncm.org
• Partner with God’s Pit Crew and provide Buckets of Hope at Chicago.shine.fm
• To partner with a food bank, go to houstonfoodbank.org
• If you are in the greater Kankakee area, Gathering Point Church of the Nazarene in Bourbonnais is collecting crisis care kits. Collection days are September 3 and 10. Click here for more information.
• To help abandoned pets and animals, go to houstonspca.org
For those who want to do more, be patient. The people of Houston are still in recovery mode, not fully comprehending what their exact needs are or will be.
Pray for the people of Houston and those who are caring for them.
Remember, no one can do everything, but everyone can do something.