Olivet Nazarene University and GatheringPoint Church of the Nazarene believe in the power of excellent leadership training. On August 10 and 11, 2017, they partnered to host a live HD telecast site for the Willow Creek Association’s Global Leadership Summit
(GLS). More than 450 area leaders attended this event at GatheringPoint to learn from today’s top leadership experts.
“The energy of our group in Bourbonnais, with seasoned as well as emerging leaders gathering for the express purpose of sharpening their leadership skills, was an inspiring experience,” says Yvonne Chalfant, Olivet’s Summit Point Leader. “What an opportunity to engage in growth together!”
This 23rd annual GLS event originated on the Willow Creek Community Church campus in South Barrington, Illinois, and went live by satellite to more than 600 U.S. sites across the country. The broadcast was not available online or on demand. Led by Willow Creek Senior Pastor Bill Hybels, participants encountered the challenge to maximize their leadership influence wherever they are.
During the 2017 GLS, 14 faculty members offered uniquely different perspectives and challenged participants’ learning. Each was purposefully selected for his or her expertise, proven success and innovative approaches in non-profit, government, education and faith-based sectors. This year’s faculty included:
• Sheryl Sandberg, chief operating officer of Facebook
• Marcus Lemonis, star of CNBC’s “The Profit,” CEO of Camping World and Good Sam
• Gary Haugen, founder and CEO of International Justice Mission
• Andy Stanley, leadership author, communicator, founder and senior pastor of North Point Ministries, Inc.
• Marcus Buckingham, best-selling author of Now, Discover Your Strengths,
founder of The Marcus Buckingham Company
• Immaculée Ilibagiza, best-selling author of Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust
“Everyone wins when a leader gets better,” Pastor Hybels told the group. “Stretch your minds. Grow your hearts. Invest in your leadership development.”
In fall 2017, the recorded version of this GLS event goes global. Translated into 60 languages, it will reach 128 countries and inspire an anticipated 400,000 leaders to greater impact for God’s kingdom.
To learn more about Olivet’s areas of study in leadership, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-648-1463.