team once again placed in the top 40 teams in the United States during the recent national competition, where business leaders evaluated students’ entrepreneurial projects for quality and impact on the world.
The Olivet team was among the 120 teams that emerged from regional competition earlier this year to showcase their skills in the 2016 Enactus United States National Exposition in St. Louis, Missouri. Here are five things to know about Olivet Enactus:
1. It’s part of international Enactus, a global community of thousands of teams made up of student, academic and business leaders who believe the power of entrepreneurial action can transform lives and improve the world.
2. Olivet consistently earns a berth in national competition and finishes in the top 40 of all U.S. Enactus teams.
3. The team developed 13 local and international projects for the 2015–2016 academic year, focusing on education, empowerment and enterprise.
4. The Internal Revenue Service certified 15 Olivet students as tax preparers. These members provided 2015 tax preparation services for 78 low-income families and 50 residents of a developmental center.
5. Members led a cause-related marketing campaign to provide additional funding for a small business the group previously helped start in Swaziland, Africa.
“Enactus has been one of the most challenging yet greatest things that has happened to me during college,” says Ayla Price, a business management major. “It has pushed me out of my comfort zone, taught me management skills and made me a public speaker — something I never thought would happen. Enactus is a big reason why I have landed the jobs and internships I have.”For information about Olivet’s School of Business and Enactus, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-648-1463.