To assist freshman students called to and affirmed for full-time vocational ministry, Olivet recently created the Ministerial Leadership Award (MLA) Scholarship. This highly selective scholarship will be given to a limited number of students each year, based on specific criteria listed below. Early-decision applicants will be given priority.
Each award is renewable for future years, based on the student’s remaining in good academic standing and being consistently involved in local church ministry.
Students who receive the MLA Scholarship for each of their four years of full-time enrollment at Olivet will be awarded a total of $9,000: $1,500 for freshmen; $2,000 for renewed sophomores; $2,500 for renewed juniors; and $3,000 for renewed seniors. Recipients are also eligible for other academic awards and any applicable financial aid.
Each applicant for the MLA Scholarship must:
• Have a call to full-time Christian ministry and demonstrate an aptitude for success in ministry
• Be an incoming, first-time freshman who has applied, been accepted and submitted the enrollment deposit to Olivet
• Decide to major within a degree program of Olivet’s School of Theology and Christian Ministry
• Submit necessary financial aid forms (FAFSA)
• Complete and return the MLA application with the required supporting documentation, including one recommendation from a local church pastor
• Write an essay, no more than 600 words, including: his/her personal testimony of faith; call to full-time ministry, along with who or what influenced this call and the type of ministry calling; description of ministry involvement in and beyond the local churchFor the 2014–2015 academic year, the application deadline is February 15, 2014.
For more information or to obtain an application, contact Olivet’s Office of Admissions at 815-939-5203 or email@example.com