Olivet's production of “God’s Favorite,” a comedy of biblical proportions by Neil Simon, takes a comedic look at a modern-day Job. Jerry Cohagan, theatre director and professor, directs the cast:
- Samuel Cullado (sophomore, Stow, Ohio) as Joe Benjamin
- Hannah Williams (junior, Beavercreek, Ohio) as Rose Benjamin
- Ron Gamache (junior, Flint, Mich.) as Ben Benjamin
- Kristina Kirkham (senior, Rushville, Ill.) as Sarah Benjamin
- Kolby Meador (sophomore, Oreana, Ill.) as David Benjamin
- Andy Breeden (junior, Shelbyville, Ill.) as Morris
- Chelsea Risinger (freshman, Tremont, Ill.) as Mady
- Nick Allen (sophomore, Bourbonnais, Ill.) as Sidney Lipton
Joe Benjamin is a successful New York businessman with a demanding wife, ungrateful children and wise-cracking employees. When a messenger from God arrives, Joe is put to the test. This contemporary morality story adds laughter to the trials and temptations of life.
On stage in Kresge Auditorium at Larsen Fine Arts Center, show times are: Friday, November 2, 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, November 3, 2 p.m.; Thursday, November 8, 7 p.m.; Friday, November 9, 7 p.m.; Saturday, November 10, 7 p.m.
Tickets are $10 for adults, and $5 for students and senior adults over 65. To reserve tickets for the shows on November 2 and 3, call 815-928-5791. For more information or to reserve tickets for the shows on November 8, 9 and 10, call 815-928-5543.