Accounting & Finance Faculty Member
Department: Business Department
Time Status: Full Time
Reports To: Chair, Department of Business
Olivet Nazarene University is seeking a faculty member to join a growing business department in the subject areas of accounting and finance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Teach approximately 12 credit hours per semester. Courses taught will be undergraduate accounting and finance courses ranging from liberal arts level classes to junior and senior level courses for business majors. Upper level courses will be dependent on the candidate’s area of expertise.
2. Perform typical departmental and institutional duties including: committee work, attendance at faculty meetings, and participation in departmental activities.
3. Provide a positive professional model to students.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
The candidate must have a strong background in finance and accounting. The university seeks doctorally prepared applicants with a strong commitment to the values and lifestyle of evangelical Christianity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Olivet, as an educational institution operating under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene, reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Sections 702-703, United States Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended).
1. cover letter,
2. curriculum vita,
3. unofficial transcript,
4. statement of teaching philosophy,
5. statement of Christian faith, and
6. three letters of recommendation (at least one addressing teaching ability) to:
Glen Rewerts, J.D.
Chair, Department of Business
Olivet Nazarene University
One University Avenue
Bourbonnais, Illinois 60914
Materials may also be sent electronically to:
Directs Work Of: Students
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.