Assistant Professor, Zoology
Department: Biological Sciences
Time Status: Full Time
Reports To: Chair, Department of Biological Sciences
- Dynamic department with eight full-time members.
- Newly remodeled learning environments – laboratories, equipment.
- Support majors in: Biology, Zoology, Environmental Science, and Science Education.
- Expertise and provide instruction in areas of molecular, cellular, organismic, ecological, and evolutionary biology.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach lecture/lab courses in Vertebrate Biology and Anatomy, Animal Behavior and advanced Zoology courses which incorporate field experience and phylogenetic/molecular approaches.
- Team-teach General Biological Science lecture/lab course for non-majors.
- Teach introductory and advanced courses for zoology and biology majors, depending on applicant expertise and needs of the department.
- Supervise student involvement in animal care program and care of riverine aquaria.
- Advising of Biology/Zoology majors.
- Active involvement in professional activities, including support of student research.
- University-wide responsibilities including committee work.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
- Earned doctorate in an area of Vertebrate Biology with field experience.
- Commitment to undergraduate Christian College teaching and pedagogical excellence.
- Profess personal relationship with Jesus Christ and lifestyle modeling Christian commitment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as member of a motivated department.
Submit letter of application, curriculum vita, unofficial transcripts (initially), reference contact information, and statements of faith and teaching philosophy, and the role of a teacher-scholar in the context of an evangelical Christian university. Applications received by November 1, 2013, given priority consideration.
Submit Applications to:
Dwight Ginn, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Biological Sciences
Olivet Nazarene University
One University Avenue
Bourbonnais, IL 60914
Directs Work Of: Students
Olivet Nazarene University seeks doctorally prepared applicants with a strong commitment to the values and lifestyle of evangelical Christianity, who profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Olivet operates under the auspices of the Church of the Nazarene and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964).