Associate Dean of Health Sciences
Department: School of Professional Studies
Time Status: Full Time
Reports To: Dean, School of Professional Studies
This position is responsible for the professional leadership of the healthcare programs at ONU. Those duties include oversight of curriculum, didactic and clinical instruction, student satisfaction and retention for Health Science Initiatives as well as the Department of Nursing. This position is the key University representative to the clinical community and is expected to cultivate existing and new relationships through content expertise, problem solving, and innovation. The position requires close collaboration with the traditional and non-traditional departments of the University.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist with the professional and efficient operation of all health related programming at ONU.
2. Work with the senior academic leadership (Dean, School of Professional Studies, Vice President for Graduate and Continuing Education, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs) providing overall management and compliance with ONU policy, the efficient use of faculty and staff resources, develop the strategic plan and annual budget.
3. Assist senior management in business opportunities for expanding healthcare programs.
4. Provide School of Graduate & Continuing Studies (SGCS) leadership and support of inter-collegial relations with the ONU administration, staff, students, colleagues and community members, and third-party vendors/contracted services.
5. Maintain confidentiality in all relevant areas.
6. Manage current and future Health Science Initiatives including program development, curriculum management, and faculty standards.
7. Work collaboratively with non-health departments to create new cross disciplinary programs such as health administration (business) and health informatics (IT).
8. Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Department of Nursing on the traditional campus and the programs in the School of Graduate and Continuing Studies.
9. Responsible for various accreditation compliance matters of all health science related programs (including nursing).
10. Develop and maintain a professional leadership team including the department chair and subordinate levels of department managers as needed for effective and efficient running of programs.
11. Recruit, develop, and retain a competent faculty with qualified degrees that meet the needs of the department and the goals/mission of the university.
12. Develop and maintain adequate performance measurements for all aspects of faculty and student performance including placement outcomes.
13. Provide guidance as to industry trends and impact on strategic/fiscal planning.
14. Assumes other duties as assigned by the Dean of the School of Professional Studies.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Doctorate required.
2. Minimum of five (5) years related administrative experience in higher education.
3. Clinical experience preferred, 2-3 years of experience with APN programs.
4. Professional experience in online learning venues with non-traditional learners preferred.
5. Agreement with the mission, lifestyle standards and vision of ONU and School of Graduate and Continuing Studies.
6. Appropriate licensure in Illinois.
1. cover letter,
2. curriculum vita,
3. unofficial transcript,
4. statement of teaching philosophy,
5. statement of Christian faith, and
6. three letters of recommendation (at least one addressing teaching ability) to:
Dr. Dennis Crocker
Dean, School of Professional Studies
Olivet Nazarene University
One University Avenue
Bourbonnais, Illinois 60914
Directs Work Of: Faculty and staff
12 month work year with occasional evening and Saturday hours necessary to meet position responsibilities. This position will require occasional travel to support regional centers.